Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scripture Prayers for Marriage

Father, I plead that we would speak the truth in love to each other, honestly and openly sharing our feelings with each other (Ephesians 4:15, 25).
Lord, I pray that our marriage will glorify You and be an example of Your intention for marriage (1 Corinthians 10:31).
God, I plead that You would give us wisdom and compassion in dealing with our in-laws (Matthew 5:7). Father, bless and strengthen our marriage in the midst of the pressure and problems of our lives (2 Corinthians 12:9).
Father, I ask You to protect our marriage from the attacks of Satan. Deliver us from his evil, destructive plans (1 Peter 5:8).
Father, grant that we might find great delight and joy in each other (Proverbs 5:18).
Lord God, I pray that You would deepen and strengthen our friendship to each other (Proverbs 17:17). Father, I plead that Your power would sustain and give stability to this marriage (Jeremiah 32:17).
Father, help us to discern and deal with those things that hinder and hurt our relationship (Psalm 139:23-24). Father, I ask that our strengths would match and overcome our weaknesses (Genesis 2:20-23).
I pray that we would be kind and tenderhearted to one another, forgiving one another even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven us (Ephesians 4:32).
I plead that we would be sensitive to the needs and hurts of each other. Enable us to minister to each other in these areas (Matthew 20:28).
God, create within us a hunger for each other. Let us be satisfied with one another (Proverbs 5:19-20).
I plead that You would give us a heart to seek after You and serve You all the days of our lives (Psalm 63:1). Father, I pray that You would grant us the wisdom and power to gain and use our finances wisely (Proverbs 3:9-10).
Lord, I ask that You would deliver us from pettiness and unforgiveness in our relationship (Matthew 18:20-21).
Father, I plead that we will surrender all that we are and all that we have to each other (Genesis 2:24-25).
I pray that we would love You with all our being and our neighbors as ourselves (Matthew 22:37-40).
Lord God, I ask that we would love and obey Your Word, building our lives, marriage, and family on its truth (Psalm 119:97).
Father, I plead that we would be patient with each other in all the circumstances of life (1 Corinthians 13:4). Father, I pray that we will be kind and gentle to each other through the ups and downs of our life together (1 Corinthians 13:4).
Father, I ask that we would not let any jealousy or envy gain ground in our relationship (1 Corinthians 13:4). God, I plead that we will always seek what is best for our relationship (1 Corinthians 13:5).
Lord, I pray that we will share each other's burdens and hurts (1 Corinthians 13:5).
Father, enable us to overcome the pride in our lives. Set us free from the pride that will hinder and hurt our marriage (1 Corinthians 13:5).
Lord, I ask that we would not be rude or thoughtless concerning each other (1 Corinthians 13:5).
God, deliver us from the selfishness that would hinder and hurt our relationship (1 Corinthians 13:5).
Lord, I ask that we would rejoice in each other's strengths and gifts and would pray concerning our weaknesses and sins (1 Corinthians 13:6).
Father, I pray that You would give us a love that bears all things, believes all things, and hopes all things (1 Corinthians 13:7).
Lord, I plead that You would create in us a love that will endure the stress and problems that we will face (1 Corinthians 13:7).
Father, I ask that our love for one another will never fail (1 Corinthians 13:8).
Father, I plead that we would be faithful to attend and serve in the church of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 10:25). IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment